Monday, June 11, 2012

Royal Icing Confetti

I came dangerously close to buying a product that resembled confetti in the cake decorating aisle. I put it back the second I realized I have the goods to make such a product myself from scratch (and you probably do, too). All you need are bags of royal icing in any colors you like, fitted with round tips (I used 5, 8, and 12). You'll also need a dusting pouch filled with a 50/50 mix of powdered sugar and cornstarch, and a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper taped to it. 
 I coordinated the colors to the cupcake liners.
 I really like these new cups by Wilton, because they're lined with foil and the color of the cake doesn't show through at all.
 Pipe lots of icing dots…
 …and flatten the peaks with your finger after touching it to the dusting pouch.
 Allow them to dry; they should peel easily off the parchment.
Ice your cupcakes with a festive swirl
 …and place the confetti any way you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment